My word for 2018:
My Choice

Thursday, April 23, 2015

April Love 2015. Day 23. When I was small

It was the early 50's, and my parents and I lived in the south of Norway. My dad was adventurous and the job market was difficult, so he and my mom decided to try for a life in the United States. My dad went first, to get a place to live, a job, and get settled, and my mom and I followed a year later. While we waited to go, he would send me presents like pretty dresses, and when I got this doll, I was over the moon. Those kind of things were not that common in Norway back then. 
We lived there for three years, from I was 3-6 years old. I went to kindergarden and first grade, and the english I learned while there made me bilingual ever since. 
However, my mom was homesick and not comfortable being so far away from all of our relatives, so they decided to move back to Norway. My mom, my 2 year old brother and I went back first, while my dad stayed on to work and save up more money before he joined us two years later. 


No comments: